I come across a lot of people who are curious and want to know more about vaping, and I’ve yet to meet a person who doesn’t want to kick their nasty smoking habit. I’ve helped quite a few people get into vaping and quit smoking cigarettes, and I decided to put this quick tutorial together to help anyone interested in doing the same. It’s truly a great feeling when someone thanks you for helping them make a positive change in their life. The information presented here is my opinion regarding the most enjoyable and cost-effective way to start vaping.
And by the way, I’m not affiliated with any e-cigarette dealers, I’m just sharing information for the good of mankind.
Most people have no idea where to start and usually end up with a disposable e-cig. Disposables and Blu kits are fine for trying out vaping, but if you want a truly enjoyable experience, you’ll need quality hardware and a vast selection of great-tasting flavors. Why waste time visiting e-cigarette websites, digging through forums, ordering what you *think* you need, and still not getting what you were looking for? This is what you’re looking for.
The total cost for the setup I describe on this page is about $50. It’s the absolute best combination of hardware for day-to-day vaping I’ve found, and I’ve spent hundreds of dollars trying out different setups. This is what I use now and what I will continue to use in the future.
To start off, this setup consists of five items, and here are a few basic things you’ll need to know about them.
- A “mod” is the housing that contains the battery. This is what powers the heating of the coil that produces the vapor.
- A “tank” is where the liquid is stored. It attaches to the battery and uses a wick system to carry the juice to the coil.
- A “drip tip” is where you inhale from. It attaches to the top of the tank.
- “e-Juice” is the flavored liquid that will be heated to produce the vapor you inhale. There are hundreds of flavors to choose from.
- A battery charger is needed and can be used via USB or power outlet.
The best battery/mod on the market is called the Ego-C Twist. It’s a variable-voltage (VV) mod that lets you select which voltage to use when producing vapor. A variable-volt mod is great for a few reasons:
- Everyone has different tastes. A variable-voltage (3.7v – 4.8v) mod allows you to dial in a taste that suits YOU best.
- The Ego-C twist has a voltage-regulator. This allows consistent vapor production with every puff until battery life is depleted.
- The Ego-C twist has a protection circuit that will cut off if the button is held for too long.
- The Ego-C twist has a stand-by mode that allows you to turn off the battery.
- The Ego-C twist batteries come in various capacities. The 650 mAh battery will last 6-8 hours before needing a recharge.
- The Ego-C Twist can be charged via USB or power outlet.
- The Ego-C Twist is portable and easy to conceal.
- E-juices require different voltages to find the sweet spot. Tobacco and chocolate flavors usually taste better at higher voltages while fruity flavors usually taste better at lower voltages.
- You can hold it between your toes while relaxing on the couch!
2014-09-10: Clearomizer link updated. AltSmoke.com doesn’t carry these anymore.
There are many great tanks out there, but none of them are as easy to use as the Vision Clearomizer V3. It will last for months and provide you with a way to experiment with many different e-juices.
- It’s a rebuildable tank that allows you to change the wick, head, and colored tank casing.
- Heads come in different Ohm ratings allowing you to experiment with different voltages even further.
- It holds approximately 1.6ml of e-juice.
- It’s easy to fill and easy to clean.
- It doesn’t leak if filled correctly. It can even be inverted.
- It will produce great vapor down to the last drop.
- It can be re-filled with a different e-juice and without cleaning.
- It can accommodate any type of drip-tip through the use of adapters.
Drip tips are typically used for looks or added comfort.
- It’s comfortable.
- It’s easy to clean.
- It fits snug and doesn’t come unattached from the tank when using the adapter referenced below.
This adapter screws into the Vision V3 Clearomizer tank and provides a snug fit for your drip-tip.
- It’s made of stainless steel just like the drip-tip.
- It has a good seal to prevent leakage.
- It allows you to use any drip-tip you want.
This simple and inexpensive battery charger keeps you up and running.
- Can be charged via USB or power outlet.
- Works with all types of Ego batteries.
- Not near a power outlet? Use your laptop!
Pink Spot Vapors is an American company that uses FDA approved ingredients in all of their e-Juice. They have a HUGE assortment of flavors to choose from. A few of my favorite flavors are Choco Loco, Nutty Buddy Cookie, Outlaw 555, and Watermelon Wave. I have been a Pink Spot customer since mid-2012. They have consistently delivered a quality product which is important to me for safety and health.
- e-Juices come in a myriad of different flavors.
- e-Juices can be purchased with 0mg, 1.2mg, 1.8mg, or 2.4mg of Nicotine.
- They use USP Grade Nicotine, which is USA made, meets EU6.0 standards and is 99.86% pure.
- A starter pack with your choice of six flavors (6ml bottles) is $29.99.
- A 6ml bottle will re-fill the tank about 5-6 times.
- You get a free sample of a random flavor with every order. (You can request a specific flavor too.)
- Pink Spot has fast shipping and great customer service.
Here’s a quick recap of the setup. You can also find starter kits ($60-$90) that come with a carrying case and many of the items I’ve listed above, but I suggest first-timers buy each piece separately to keep costs down. However, you may find that having two setups creates a lot of convenience by allowing you to use one while the other is charging. If you have several tanks, you can change them out for different flavors quickly and easily.
- $22 – The Ego-C Twist VV battery (650 mAh)
- $5 – The Vision V3 Clearomizer tank
- $7 – A stainless-steel drip-tip
- $3 – A stainless-steel CE4 drip-tip adapter
- $8 -Ego Battery Charger
- $6 – Pink Spot Vapors e-juice (6ml)
Total Cost: $51